We Are The Network
What Is We Are The Network?
We Are The Network builds community and personal connections through facilitated discussions in face to face, web-based and virtual world settings. We Are The Network has proven highly effective with both local and globally distributed groups and teams.
Where Can I Find A List Of Upcoming Public Events?
Our Core Principles
- Creation and expansion of engaged communities of people is critical to our society, to our collective future success and happiness
- People crave the ability to connect with each other, to have serious discussions in a safe place, with respectful and supportive people
- Professional facilitation helps people to build connections by providing a safe place to raise, compare and discuss strongly held opinions on important issues
On-going in-person and global online discussion groups, facilitated by Joel Foner, cover a range of topics including current events, social media, virtual worlds, robotics and the application and implications of information technology. Additional topic areas to support specific community objectives added on request.
How Can I Get Public Event Announcements (pick one or more of these)?
- Subscribe to email updates (upper right of this page) from http://joelfoner.com (this blog)
- Add the RSS feed for this site to your RSS reader (or click the RSS button at the top right of this page)
- Follow @JoelFoner on Twitter
- Become A Fan on the JoelFoner.com – We Are The Network Fan Page on Facebook
NOTE: Updates from Fan Pages show up in your Facebook inbox, however you have to CLICK UPDATES on the left column menu to see them!
- Join the We Are The Network hippoGroup (no group slot required – tap the “We Are The Network” sign at the Epoch Institute)
- Join the We Are The Network group in Second Life™
Upcoming Public Events
*** Information on additional public events will be here soon! ***
2010-10-19 Will Misinformation and Disinformation Win?
2010-09-28 Can Real Food be Faster than Fast Food?
2010-09-21 The “I Have Proof!” Game
2010-08-17 Open Forum and SLCC 2010 Thoughts
2010-06-01 How to Tell a Powerful Story in Text Chat
2010-05-04 How Should We Deal With Cyber-Bullying?
2010-03-09 Viral Success Factors for Virtual Business
2010-03-02 An Exploration of Game-Based Education
2010-02-23 News Slam 2!
2010-02-16 Google Buzz Hands-On Workshop
2010-01-05 BYOT (Bring Your Own Topic)! Open Forum
2009-12-15 Working Measures Of Virtual World Engagement
2009-11-24 The Age Of Professional Fake Authenticity
2009-11-17 What If The Omega 13 Was Real?
2009-11-10 Is Google Destined To Become Evil?
2009-11-03 Excuse me, but did you really say that?!
2009-10-27 The Good News Gone Bad Game!
2009-10-06 Fair Use vs. Digital Rights Management
2009-09-29 Developmental Stages in Online Communication
2009-09-08: Welcome to News Slam 1!