Endorsements and Ethics in Social Media – Live Virtual Event Today, Dec 4, 1 PM Pacific/4 PM Eastern
I have been asked to be a panelist today at “Endorsements and Ethics in Social Media”, to talk about the implications of the new disclosure guidelines published by the Federal Trade Commission.
John Jainschigg, Executive Director, Internet & Technology Lab, ZiffDavisEnterprise is moderating today’s event and the panel will include Clint Boulton, Senior Writer at eWeek.com (ZiffDavisEnterprise) and Mitch Wagner, Senior Writer at InformationWeek.com (TechWeb).
You can watch on the web http://www.stvirtual.com/todaysvid.html at 1pm Pacific / 4pm Eastern, or if you already have a Second Life account please feel free to join us at http://slurl.com/secondlife/SmarterTechnology%201/230/98/34.
Please see the announcement below for more information):
Join the editors of SmarterTechnology on Friday, December 4, 1 PM Pacific/4 PM Eastern, for a LIVE virtual event:
Endorsements and Ethics in Social Media – New FTC Guidelines
New FTC guidelines for online ‘endorsements,’ announced in October and now in effect (as of Dec. 1), aim to make more explicit sponsorship arrangements between online content providers (e.g., bloggers, Tweeters, Facebook posters, viral-video uploaders, etc.) and the companies and products they cover (opine about, retweet, call attention to, and/or “build buzz” around). What will these new guidelines mean for the commentariat, publishers, viral marketers, corporate bloggers and other stakeholders?
Joel Foner, New-Media Consultant, Blogger (ex. Sidewinder Linden)
Clint Boulton, Senior Writer, eWeek.com (ZiffDavisEnterprise)
Mitch Wagner, Senior Writer, InformationWeek.com (TechWeb)
Moderator: John Jainschigg, Exec. Director, Internet & Technology Lab, ZiffDavisEnterprise
JOIN US ON THE WEB VIA VIDEO AND CHAT
1. Register on the web at http://www.smartertechnology.com/c/s/Smarter-Technology-Virtual-World/
2. Confirm your registration by clicking the link in the email you receive. (Check spam filter!)
3. Return to http://www.smartertechnology.com/c/s/Smarter-Technology-Virtual-World/ – click the Login tab, and log in with your email address and password
4. Press the Engage tab for our web-based conference center, where you can view the live event on video and participate via text-chat.
JOIN US LIVE IN SECOND LIFE
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A SECOND LIFE ACCOUNT, AND HAVE THE SECOND LIFE CLIENT INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER: Please register as above, and confirm registration, then click this link to teleport directly to our virtual conference center:
IF YOU DON’T YET HAVE A SECOND LIFE ACCOUNT, WE’LL MAKE YOU ONE:
1. Register at http://www.smartertechnology.com/c/s/Smarter-Technology-Virtual-World/
2. Scroll down (on the second page of registration) and fill out the CREATE SECOND LIFE ACCOUNT form to create a Second Life avatar.
3. Download the Second Life client for Windows, Mac or Linux and install.
4. Plug a headset into your computer.
5. Log into Second Life — You’ll appear at our virtual conference center.
Sponsored by IBM, smartertechnology.com is an online community for strategists and IT decision-makers seeking to improve sustainability, efficiency and profitability through intelligent implementation of advanced technology throughout the enterprise. Join us online at http://www.smartertechnology.com
EMail sent by: John Jainschigg, 28 East 28th Street, New York, NY 10016
This should be an interesting discussion – I hope to see you there!